📣 Promotion of your content
You need to promote content on your own blog, Medium or guest platforms. Some ideas how to spread the word about your great articles and make it more shareable:
- 39 Free Places to Promote Blog Posts Once You Hit Publish. Learn about every platform before sharing your content there (or you will become a spammer💩). At the end of the article Shafi Khan mentioned other important rules to follow.
- Content Promotion: How We Grew from 0 to 32,977 Users in 5 Months With Zero Paid Traffic. Benji Hyam talks about community-driven content promotion. It means, that you engage with the targeted community and then share your content so that it adds value.
- 17 Advanced Methods for Promoting Your New Piece of Content by Kissmetrics team.
- Boost Social Sharing From Your Content. Sarah Peterson shared methods, that will help readers to easily share your posts.
- A useful guide on Blogger Outreach: How to Get Influencers to Promote Your Content for Free by Brian Dean.
- I Asked 235 People to Tweet My Article and All I Got Is This Cheerless Case Study. It's an interesting experiment! Joshua Hardwick cold emailed writers who tweeted similar posts and asked for a promotional tweet. You can try this too.
- Sharing Other People Content and Simultaneously Promoting Your Own by Paul Shapiro. 😯 Have you ever tried to include your blog in the UTM parameters of somebodies else blog post? Paul will teach you this smart hack.
- Strategic Guide to Reposting Content on Medium and LinkedIn by Ryan Battles. Does re-publishing strategy lead to growth or penalties? Ryan Battles made informational podcast & article on the topic.
- The Simple Way to Get People to Read Your Blog Post on Facebook by Adam Rogers. Nice ideas on optimizing your republished piece of content on Facebook.
- How to get featured on large publications with republished content by Sarah Peterson.
Content Marketing is not only about getting people to read your amazing articles (and use your product later). It's also about developing and maintaining relationships with the community.