Product Hunt (PH) is a place to discover, share, and geek out about new products in tech. Submitting your product there is a good way to appear in front of journalists, tech people and fellow makers. After submission, the product will participate in the daily race. The race starts PST 00:00 and finishes PST 23:59. You have to get as many upvotes and comments as you can by the end of the day! 🏆 The most successful products appear on the Homepage and can get a lot of honest feedback, downloads, users and PR buzz. Please, check success PH stories to decide if PH is the right launch platform for you!
Start with basic rules on Posting: how to post or comment, how to ask for support, how to get to the homepage. Then read Five things everyone should know about Product Hunt. Join the PH community and feel how it works, before actually starting you launch activities.
😱 Successful PH launch takes a lot of preparation, promotion during the launch (24h++) and follow-up work. These guides will help you:
- How to Launch on Product Hunt 🚀 by Product Hunt team.
- Product Hunt 101 from one of the top hunters, Robleh Jama. It's very useful to listen to the launch algorithm from the person, who submit a lot of different products.
- The SaaS founder’s guide to Product Hunt from the Russian company, Amplifr. It's a nice tutorial about your product preparation (onboarding, language check, emails and other not obvious stuff).
- Master Checklist for Launching on Product Hunt (spreadsheet) by SpreadShare team.
- Launching on Product Hunt: what works and what doesn’t [guide & case study] by 3D modeling app, who launched on PH in December 2016. These folks have not typical "sweet product for startup audience" and their launch was "so-so" good. I encourage you to think about resources you will invest in PH launch versus possible outcome!
- Is Product Hunt useful for developer tools? - it's our story of launching on PH. We shared our marketing tactics and all results: traffic numbers, trials installations and sales. Also, we made a talk on Product Hunt meetup, here is the slides from it. Hope, it will help some of you to succeed on Product Hunt!
- Launching on Product Hunt: A curated checklist from +50 successful launches by Hidden Founders team.
📌 Useful tools:
- You can find a list of top hunters at All-time Leaderboard or Top 500 Hunters.
- A dynamic list of the 100 least upvoted projects on PH. It's good to check failed PH launch cases.
- Daily Top 5 products on PH in one chart, which can show you dynamics of upvote grows on daily basis.
- Product Hunt Analytics: Daily, monthly, and yearly analytics with Product Hunt data.
- MakerTools allows you to create a Twitter list of all the wonderful folks who upvoted your product. It's a good practice to thank those people for supporting your PH launch via Twitter.
- Crisp Live Chat is very useful during your launch campaign when people ask things in a real-time. Such communication can increase conversion at your site and give you a lot of insights. We use the free version of it and it's awesome so far.