Influencer marketing is focused on working with opinion leaders to drive company message/product/service to the larger market. 📚 These long guides will be good for the start:
- What is influencer marketing and how to find influencers? by Ash Read from Buffer.
- The Ultimate Guide to Influencer Marketing by Jason Quey from Sumo.
- Influencers definitely should be compensated. The only question is how by Yuval Maoz.
You should not be afraid to reach to the cool people. Be helpful, nice and creative:
- The Exact Email Scripts I Use to Connect With VIP’s by Alex Turnbull, founder of Groove.
- 8 Email Pitch Templates to Partner with Influencers by Sapph. Nice guides & examples for asking promotion, contribution, partnership or review from the influencer. Customize and use them!
- 😱 I Just Deleted Your Outreach Email Without Reading. And NO, I Don’t Feel Sorry by Tim Soulo. Tim shows cool examples how to email influencers in the right way. Please, read this post before contacting opinion leaders!
- If you can’t express yourself by email, you’re not worthy of anyone’s time by Pieter Levels. People are busy and you should avoid vague messages, which only steals time. Read this brief article to understand what opinion leaders want to see in their inbox.
- Good videos on Finding influencers on Twitter and 6 easy ways to engage with them on Twitter by 123 Reg team.
- The Barney Stinson’s Playbook For Cold Tweeting Influencers by Noam Avigdor.
- 4 Tips for Reaching Out to Someone You Admire on LinkedIn by Lily Herman.
- 26 Headliners on How to Connect with Influencers at Conference by Venngage. Don't be afraid to talk to people!
- Connecting with Others: What Have You Done for Me Lately? by Noah Kagan, popular IT entrepreneur & influencer. I loved his brief instruction on making its easier for people to say YES to your request.
Case-studies, which can teach and inspire you:
- How We Got 1,000+ Subscribers from a Single Blog Post in 24 Hours by Alex Turnbull. Groove team built relationships with influencers for getting the first readers on their blog. Very smart tactics there!
- This Songwriter Accidentally Executed Influencer Marketing Perfectly and Got 40k Viewers Overnight by Benji Hyam.
- How Influencer Marketing helped us grow from $0 to $700k+ monthly revenue. Sergei Gusev shows how they scaled influencer marketing with the help of paid influencers marketing platforms. The 1st part of his story is here.
📌 Useful tools:
- Find Twitter Influencers via Klear. It's free for 10 keyword searches ("skill"). Paid version has more advanced options.
- Social networks. You can find opinion leaders by checking the keywords search, followers number and engagement level.
- Twitonomy gives a detailed info about influencer from his Twitter profile. It can show people who are interacting with the influencer on the regular basis. Those people can become your starting point to get to the top-niche person.
- Followerwonk Analyze gives a huge database about any Twitter user's network. This free tool shows you info on user followers and people, whom this user follows. So you can find the best time to engage, popular users, location info, etc.
- Use RSS apps for getting content from influencers' blogs. You can comment those posts and share good one via your social media. Selfoss is a good RSS app. It's an open source, so you may dig into its code and customize things.