Start by creating a blog that not only touts your product but offers helpful recommendations, tips & tricks, links, etc. Check what competitors' blogs are publishing, what is popular in the industry and what your users are interested in. Align your article ideas with the content strategy, you have already defined. To get some inspiration scroll these bits of advice:
- How We Come Up With Ideas for the Blog by Emily Triplett Lentz from Help Scout team.
- How to Generate Content Ideas With These 3 Awesome Tools. Robert Katai shows how to use tools 🔎 to find out what people are asking about your industry (via keywords).
- 266 blog post ideas from Ed Leake. It’s a mix of many topics to write about. Feel free to scroll it and steal relevant stuff.
- A Simple Guide To Figuring Out What To Blog About. As Marko Saric mentioned, 🙏 the perfect topic is found by interlinking your passion and personality with the demand from the market.
- If you have skipped articles in the Content Marketing section above, I do encourage you to read them! The first 4 articles have excellent frameworks for getting strategic content ideas.
Pick the most appropriate content format — video, list, long-read. Then think about the right headline for driving interest to your great article:
- Research on writing viral headlines by Steve Rayson from BuzzSumo.
- 30+ Ultimate Headline Formulas for Tweets, Posts, Articles & Emails from Buffer team.
- Copywriting Headlines That Sell (with Templates & Swipe File) via KopywritingKourse.
- The 3-Step Bulletproof Formula To Writing Kickass Blog Post Headlines by Danavir Sarria.
- Why Writing Creative Headlines Hurt Conversions: What We Learned Analyzing 150,000 Opt-Ins by Sean Bestor.
Craft your blog with SEO focus:
- The Complete Guide to Blog SEO. Ryan Stewart covers more than just making your blog SEO-friendly. Ryan talks about blog strategy, keywords research, and promotion of your blog via building links to posts.
- How To Rank Your Blog Posts On Google’s First Page. Marko Saric keeps focus on SEO optimization for WordPress blogs.
- The 10 Types of Content That Work Best for SEO. Rand Fishkin advises on which format should you use for your project.
- How To Use 11+ Free Tools To Find Prequalified Content Ideas for SEO from Nate Shivar. The article will teach you how to prequalify your content ideas with SEO research.
📌 Check your grammar and readability! I use these cool apps: