Most people hate cold outreach and everything connected with the direct sales. However, smart user-oriented cold emails can give you new users, partners or recommendations. I used this technique for getting feedback on early Flawless App. On average, 25% of people answered to my cold emails. 😟 I was afraid, that people would write me: "go away with your spam!" But nobody did that. The worst answer was: "not interested". As you see, there is no reason to avoid cold email marketing:
- The Cold Sales Email Bible (guide with templates) by Sean Bestor.
- How to Warm Up Prospects Before Sending Them a Cold Email? by Cathy Patalas. Cathy's article proposes simple actions, that may seriously increase your cold email open & reply rates.
- These 11 Cold Email Templates & Examples by Melissa Williams are very creative! Grab some and personalize it for your target audience. Don't forget to do the research first! You need to really know the person you’re writing.
- 9 Cold Email Formulas That Just Plain Work. One more good tutorial from Yesware team.
- 101 Sales Email Templates 📚 Attach.io team prepared email examples from cold outreach to LinkedIn intro messages.
- 14 Deliverability Checks to Carry Out Before Sending Your Cold Email Campaign by Cathy Patalas.
- Mass emails that look like you wrote every one to 3.5x your response rates by Sapph.
Learn from fellow entrepreneurs and makers, who run cold email campaigns:
- 10 cold email tips I used to get 60,000 signups by Dunja Lazić.
- How to get a $3,000 monthly contract (with exact scripts) by Bryan Harris.
- Why Every Outbound Campaign Needs 8 Emails via Salesfolk. It's a case-study of Ambition, YC startup, who used cold email campaign and automation to grow sales.
- And here is some inspiring story from Android Programmer at Basecamp, who just cold emailed people: Admire someone? Write them an email, you might be surprised. Written by Dan Kim.
Some more tips & tricks:
- How to Find Any Email Address: The Complete List of Tactics (2017 Edition) by SEO Sherpa team.
- Step by Step Process to Find Anyone’s Email Address by Ryan Stewart.
- How To Send Better Email & Avoid Email Spam Trigger Words by Nate Shivar.
- Funny short video with 11 Tips to Clean Up Your Dirty, Wordy Writing by Grammarly.
- 80 Powerful Email Endings To Make People Remember You by Dmitry Dragilev.
- What to Do When You See Negative Replies to Your Cold Emails? by Cathy Patalas.
- Timing is everything: what Intercom data says about the best time to send a message by Geoffrey Keating.
📌 Useful tools:
- Norbert for finding emails. It gives you 50 free email searches once you create an account.
- Streak for Gmail for scheduling emails to be sent later and managing your connections. With this tool, you can also see who has opened your email 😉
- GMass for cold mass emailing. You can use GMass for free to send 50 emails per day.
- Time Converter will help you to schedule cold emails considering different time zones.